Saturday, May 29, 2010

Days

I think of what's to come
And what I've done
And it goes something like this

I had a home and a simple life
Didn't have much
At least not in the way of love
I was small back then, or at least that's what they say
I sure didn't feel young

That was what used to be
Before I had you and you had me
Back before I knew the right way
Back in those days

There was a story once told to me
That I keep with highest secrecy
And I don't know for certain
But I have a feeling that you might have been a little like me
A little lost without a clue

That was what used to be
Before I had you and you had me
Back before you knew the right way
Back in those days

But the future looks bright
As we talk night to night
And make plans and promise to not be like we were
And keep each other sure

That what we used to be
Isn't the future you and me
Now together we know the right way
Now in the together days

No comments:

Post a Comment